As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Welcome to this week’s Simple Homestead Blog Hop 303! I am sure you will be inspired by all the great posts and ideas that have been shared this week.
Add your homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts to the party if you’re a blogger (please see our simple rules below). The hop begins at 12:01 am on Thursday morning and runs through Sunday evening.
This Week at Homegrown Self Reliance
We’ve had a pretty uneventful week on the farm. We did manage to put up the greenhouse, though. Time to start some seeds in there!
We did have some sad news. We clipped our ducks’ wings and put them in our old goat pen. Clipping was necessary because the fence is only about 4 feet high. They’ve been in there before and we’ve never had issues. But this time, something got to the ducks, and we lost all but two! So sad for my daughter especially, they were her ducks and she loved them.
If you’d like to know how to clip ducks’ wings (they truly don’t normally have disastrous results!), I have a video that shows how to properly do it.
I didn’t even manage to write a normal post this week like I usually do. But have you checked out my Self Reliant Skill of the Week? I do a weekly video on YouTube and a post about it every Friday. It’s always a new self reliant skill that I learned that week!
Meet Our Great Hosts for The Simple Homestead Blog Hop 303
Dash at Bloom Where You’re Planted – Facebook – Instagram
Annie at 15 Acre Homestead – Facebook– Pinterest – Instagram
Shawna at Homegrown Self Reliance (that’s me!)– Facebook – Instagram – Pinterest – YouTube
And please join me in welcoming Melissa from Little Frugal Homestead as the newest hostess to the hop! We’ll have her picture added to the hostess graphic soon, but here she is!
Featured Posts For The Simple Homestead Blog Hop 303
If you were chosen as one of our features, right-click the image below and click “save as” to post it on the sidebar of your website! Post it proudly!
You are invited to share your original homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts. We have a few little rules:
- Family friendly posts only!
- No links to blog hops or posts dedicated to advertising products.
- Share up to 3 posts.
- Please share posts that you haven’t linked up within the past six months to keep the hop fresh.
- Please visit other bloggers and let them know you found them here.
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content and photos that you have created or have permission to share.
- Please note: By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post and share one photo if you are featured; no additional permission is required.
- Posts that don’t follow these few little guidelines will be deleted.