Welcome to this week’s Simple Homestead Blog Hop 312! I am sure you will be inspired by all the great posts and ideas that have been shared this week.
Add your homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts to the party if you’re a blogger (please see our simple rules below). The hop begins at 12:01 am on Thursday morning and runs through Sunday evening.
This Week at Homegrown Self Reliance
We’ve had a lot of rain this week, but I managed to get quite a bit of work done in the garden. Weed fabric is down, trellises are up, and most of the seeds have been planted. I’m so late on planting some of this stuff – motivation has been eluding me!
The butcher called last week and told us that our beef was ready for pickup, so we needed to make room in the freezer for over 300 pounds of beef. I had a bunch of meat chickens that we had raised, whole, in the freezer. I decided this was the perfect time to pull them out and pressure can them. Surprisingly, I’ve never pressure canned anything before. I’ve done some water bath canning, but NONE in a pressure canner. But it was SUPER easy and I’ll definitely be doing it in the future when we raise more meat birds, as well as with other meat!
You can read the post and see the video here:
Meet Our Great Hosts for The Simple Homestead Blog Hop 312
Dash at Bloom Where You’re Planted – Facebook – Instagram
Melissa at Little Frugal Homestead – Pinterest
Annie at 15 Acre Homestead – Facebook– Pinterest – Instagram
Shawna at Homegrown Self Reliance (that’s me!)– Facebook – Instagram – Pinterest – YouTube
Featured Posts For The Simple Homestead Blog Hop 312
If you were chosen as one of our features, right-click the image below and click “save as” to post it on the sidebar of your website! Post it proudly!
You are invited to share your original homesteading, homemaking, and homeschooling posts. We have a few little rules:
- Family friendly posts only!
- No links to blog hops or posts dedicated to advertising products.
- Share up to 3 posts.
- Please share posts that you haven’t linked up within the past six months to keep the hop fresh.
- Please visit other bloggers and let them know you found them here.
- Please follow us by email! You’ll receive notice when the hop is open for business.
- Only share content and photos that you have created or have permission to share.
- Please note: By linking to this hop you are giving us permission to link back to your post and share one photo if you are featured; no additional permission is required.
- Posts that don’t follow these few little guidelines will be deleted.